Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Cheese is No Longer Alone

My Aunt T. sent me an email and reminded me that I'm not really alone. She is so right about that. I think feeling alone is something that we all deal with at some point in our life. As a child, it really didn't bother me, in highschool it did. I think the environment that I was exposed to (city living with a tight knit family) as a young kid always held some security for me. I remember being different but always having friends. When we moved 45 miles south, it felt different, the country kids were just...not like the city kids. Even though I was "The Cheese" constantly in the city, I never thought it was such a bad thing, always had my gang of friends. I was my own person and in the city, that was o.k. maybe even encouoraged. I can't say the same for the way I felt in "the country". Kids were meaner, and if your family was new to the area and didn't have roots it could take the people (not just the kids) 15 years to warm up to you!!! I kid you not!

But thank goodness, highschool and my time in that little hick town has now ended. I have Mr Cheese, Our extended families, friends and doggies to share the joys of life with. I love where we live & the people are great, I even dig the HOT AS HECK weather!

This is one Happy Cheese!

No comments: