Friday, May 6, 2011

Four Simple Tips for Success

People have been asking me what I did to shed 15-20lbs in 3 months time.  The truth is, it was a culmination of many different things - an intense lifestyle change.  But here are some very critical components to a proper weight loss attempt.

1.  Get a Heart Rate Monitor-  I just LOVE working out with my HRM.  I thought the strap would bother me, but I often forget to remove it.  If you're counting calories you know exactly how much is going in - it's equally important to learn how much you're burning off.   It also lets you know which exercises really challenge you. 

2.   Discuss Weight Loss Goals with Your Dr -  We hear this all the time, but do we really do it?  Prior to giving birth to my daughter I prided myself on my ability to "never see a Dr".   If you are having problems losing weight and you are giving it your all it would be wise to discuss this with your Dr.  If your Dr brushes you off and hasn't been helpful I suggest you find a new one or try a Naturopath or Chiropractor.  

3.   Ditch the Diet Drinks and Soda - ANYTHING with artificial sweetener is not good for you.  Like smoking, it's a bad habit.  Just say NO!  I have not consumed any of these products in the past year and a half!  (probably longer)

4.  Write down your goals and tell your friends.   When I started my Body Transformation Program I announced it on Facebook.  Sure, not everyone cares or pays attention or even noticed, but some friends did and they encouraged me.    The main idea is that you announce it to everyone you know so you hold YOURSELF accountable.  If you write it down and tell others the chances of it becoming reality are much higher.  

These things were very easy for me to accomplish.  Maybe some folks would struggle with one or maybe even all of the above.  You don't have to do all of these things at one time, but it's important to be moving towards your goal.  The payoff is so very worth it.  There is no better feeling in the world!


      

No comments: