Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day #155

Yes, I am still on the ball with my lifestyle change!  Exercise is KING when it comes to mood and well being.  Just one day without it and I feel my spirits sink.    I think I said it before, MD's need to write scripts for exercise - most people need to be more serious about incorporating movement into their life.  I am glad I bought a few new workout DVDs because I do start to get a little bit burned out.  But now that I can mix things up a bit more that burn out has vanished.  I do have plans to try new things though, like hiring a personal trainer once the baby is a year old and can manage to be away from me for just a short while.  I also would love to play soccer in an adult league, Bikram Yoga is also something I have wanted to do for several years now.

It's no surprise that I thrive on a totally GRAIN FREE diet.  The moment I add anything - even a slice of GF toast to my morning routine is the moment I set myself up for digestive issues within 30 minutes of eating whatever the grain item is.  Spaghetti used to be a staple food around here, not anymore.   Rice, corn all the gluten free grains cause a great deal of pain.  I am grateful for coconut - shreds, oil,milk, flour, water - it agrees with me!

Today is Day #155 of my resistance training/lifestyle change.  My problem areas have all been drastically reduced in size.  There is NOTHING in my closet that is now too small - but many items that are too large.  I recently noticed some upper ab definition and that has inspired me to continue with my current regimen and include more ab-work 2-3 times a week.  I realize that I cannot spot/target reduce, but in addition to my current regimen it certainly will help.  My goal is to reduce my weight by 10lbs by September - which would put me at my goal weight (or very near to it).  Despite eating well and daily exercise I currently do not seem to be losing any weight.  I feel like I'm at a plateau, the only thing that I can do is continue to move forward with my current exercise plan and hope that I will meet my goal by September.  In a perfect world, with the onset of a plateau I would hire a personal trainer  to help me maximize my workouts and provide change to my current routine.  But that will just have to wait for a bit.  Besides, I honestly feel like the videos provide a multitude of different weight training exercises - it's the cardio ones that feel repetitive.

I just realized that this is more like a journal entry than a blog post.  Sorry about that.  I just want to keep track of my progress and type my thoughts out in an effort to evaluate and preserve my transformation process.  Also, I hope to inspire and help others on their paths.

No comments: