Sunday, July 6, 2008

Letter to Baby Cheese

Dear Sweet Baby Girl,
I am so happy to know you are on your way into this world! I'll never forget the day that I knew for sure, it was Groundhog Day February 2, 2008 and I spoke to your Godmother Jessie and said I thought that I could be pregnant, she said that I better buy a test. I thought that even though I could be, I probably wasn't because I was feeling better than I had in my entire life. Jessie insisted I find out for sure so later that night, while your father was studying I bought 3 tests from the grocery store. After I took the first test it came up positive, and I knew at that moment that my life would change forever. Tears of joy came down to my cheeks, I felt nothing but happiness and surprise - this was really going to happen to me? I knew I couldn't keep this secret from your Father- not even for 5 minutes. But he was studying for school and I didn't want to tell him by phone so I waited for him to arrive home. He came home at around 9pm and as he walked through the door I informed him that we were expecting. He was surprised and needed to sit down, he also asked if I was joking with him. I assured him that I would never joke about something so serious. It wasn't long before he was just as excited as I was.

I already knew where I wanted to give birth to you, and how I wanted to raise you. Your father and I are on the same page as far as education and care are concerned, and I thank G-d for this, because I feel that these things are very important. I have started going to church because I want you to have a good solid moral background & a loving community. You are already making me a better person.

I pray to G-d everyday that he will make me worthy of being a mother, that he will grant me more patience and understanding.

Baby Girl, I think you should know that so many people are excited for you. You have already touched so many lives. Even though, I may never be truly ready, I can't wait to meet you! I know you will be the perfect mix of your father and me! It will be hard to see you go through this journey called life, because it isn't easy, but there will be moments where it is blissful. I'm looking forward to everything being more important, fun and joyful because you will be with us!


I love you & can't wait to see you! It won't be long!

xxoxoox
Mama

No comments: