Sunday, August 3, 2008

Enjoying Some Time with GrandMaMa

My Momma is in town & we are enjoying each others company. She certainly helped get Baby Cheese's closet in order and helped move out items that may need to be disposed of shortly so that when my Mother In Law and Aunts come to help paint and decorate the nursery the job will run smoother.

She is also cooking today, I'm so hungry...soo sooo hungry. I'm also glad I don't need to cook!

I am also enjoying the time off and away from my very stressful job. It's nice to know that I have the next few days off.

This morning we went to mass, then out for crepes, it was nice. I LOVE crepes!
My Mom is hard to keep up with though, it's really hot here in Texas and she was all about shopping her first full day here. I'm happy to report back that I survived quite well.

I've been feeling more tired lately, and I'm getting more irritable too and small tasks seem to take more out of me than usual. I guess it's all part of only having about 6-8 weeks left before Baby Cheese.

I'm still not as huge as I had envisioned I would be, but there certainly is a belly, and a baby moving about.

My Mom seems to like my VitaMix quite a bit. Since she has arrived it has been in constant use. She also is getting into my green "superfood" powder. Can't say I blame her, that stuff is great.

And oh, almost forgot, I just found out that I get really anal when I see someone else working in my kitchen. I walk around and pick up after Mom the entire time, tell her how to do things, etc. I don't remember always being like this. It's just my kitchen, I am weird about how things are done, cut, cleaned wiped up etc. Is this pregnancy or is it the REAL me? I honestly don't know.

Also, the song, Fields of Athenry, brings TONS of TEARS to my eyes anytime I listen to it. It's sooo soo sad, and one day, I will need to post about why it makes me cry so.

2 comments:

Elle said...

My dear Elle:

I am happy that you are happy I am here. I came to help you and to work so just let me know what else you need done!!!!! You house is going to look better than mine! I love you sooo much!!!
Mom

Elle said...

Hey - I think we have enough leftover to make chicken soup tomorrow! That should make you feel better!

Love, Mom