Saturday, September 13, 2008

Week 37

I'm looking out the window and it looks like it's getting a bit windy. I'm ready for the rain, but not the wind so much.

Each day Mr Cheese and I grow closer to meeting our little miracle, we sure are excited!
I have this feeling that she will look a lot like Mr Cheese!

I feel really prepared at this point. Lots of classes, books, discussion has all taken place. I have the most wonderful and supportive providers EVER! I would have never envisioned such wonderful ladies taking care of me. To me, they are not just providers, but friends. How many people leave each visit feeling better, empowered and uplifted? How many people leave each visit with a warm hug of womanly friendship? That's what I get to experience. I never feel rushed, or like a burden. I feel valued, I'm not a number, not a statistic, but a human being with feelings. I also adore my Bradley teacher, she's informative, spunky and very knowledgeable. I've been lucky to meet other pregnant women with due dates close to mine, their personalities can light up a room! Something to be said for surrounding oneself with positive people.

I'm still attending pre-natal yoga. Still pretty flexible too. I would recommend pre-natal yoga to anyone - it's very relaxing and it's great for stretching out the back, hips and glutes. I wish I could practice yoga in a class setting each day.


I'm still on bedrest - I have many things that I want to do around the house, but can't right now. It's incredible how quickly the weeds grow in the flower beds. It feels strange to not be able to just go out and pull them, but that wouldn't be good for my blood pressure now would it. Since I'm a Type B personality please rest assured that I'm pretty good about "taking it easy." But I've never been in such a predicament before, so it's very strange.

Baby Cheese had a songogram earlier this week. She was sticking out her tongue! It was so cute. She is looking great! Any day now, we hope (like most couples do) that she makes her debut sooner as opposed to later.

I'm still concerned about Pugcheesy though, he is going to make co-sleeping in the bed difficult or, not possible at all. After 4 years of being a Type A, Alpha Male Pug Pack Leader, I don't think it would be right to expect him to sleep in a bed, on the floor. I would like to call in Cesar Milan, he would understand PugCheesy better than I can. I know a lot of it is my fault. I have done some pretty silly things just for a laugh. I have an odd sense of humor, and pushing him in the stroller and buying him fancy things make me laugh, and bring joy to my existence. Now I'll have a real baby to do these things with and Pugcheesy will probably have the moxie to get miffed at me.

Doyle is going to be more important than ever, as he is Pugcheesys babysitter and my "buffer".

I am a true dork!

No comments: