Sunday, May 15, 2011

Nourished bellies and relationships

I look forward to lots of food preparation and consumption over the weekend.  With Dada to help watch the kids I get to prepare whatever I feel like sometimes & this weekend, in particular made me realize how good such simple things actually feel.  I truly enjoy the process of chopping vegetables for a soup, smelling onion caramelizing in cast iron with loads of garlic.  It's fun, it's creative and nourishing.

Grace comes in and wants to know what I'm doing - pretty soon she will be able to truly help and participate in the cooking (or uncooking) experiences herself.  Paddy crawls about the kitchen now too, he wants to know what's going on as well.    Dada loves the end product, as long as it doesn't involve a big mess to clean up.  

So the weekends are certainly a time for more thought out, time consuming food preparation and family.   Nourished bellies and relationships in our little space of love.


No comments: