Saturday, August 6, 2011

Owning Up To My Bad Habits

One of the main advantages of eating well, exercising daily and living a healthy lifestyle is that I certainly FEEL IT when I don't.  I recently had the pleasure of visiting family in New Orleans and for the most part, I did pretty well, but there was one night in particular when I ate WAY too much, and I felt it for the next two days.  It made me think - WHY did I do that?  How did I lose control?  I believe that it was emotional eating- and that I ordered too much and was very greedy.  When something is good I tend to want a WHOLE lot of it, rather than just ordering a small amount.    I am going to try my best to be less greedy and to share more with others and also order smaller amounts of things.

It was the most fun I've had in a long time.  I am so thankful to my babies for sleeping and letting me go out at night and to my family who watched them for me so that I could enjoy the time out.   Despite my large plates at dinner I did manage to go to the gym 2 days out of 4.  I know that really helped my mood & motivation.

Traveling can be a challenge if you have dietary restrictions and a constant need for exercise.  It also throws me off my "routine".    It helps to stay with family though, a family with a large kitchen :)  

No comments: