Monday, August 29, 2011

Staying Focused

Eye on the prize, going the distance, keeping the stride - you get the idea.  What keeps you focused on your goals?  We all have roadblocks, good days and bad, but something is different for me this time around, and I'm trying to identify exactly what that is.   I have realized that each time I start to question if what I'm doing is working something huge will happen, like suddenly all the clothes in my closet are too darn big and if I want something that fits properly, I'll have to find it from a source other that my own closet.  ha!  What a great problem to have!   Circumstances like these are the kind of thing that give you the momentum to stay on your A game and keep the workouts and awesome eating sessions coming. 

I've been at it for about 225 days now & I think the most important aspect for me has been feeling better.  My digestion is vastly improved with exercise and that makes a world of difference for me.  I have a much better, more positive outlook on life and enhanced mental clarity. 

Keeping up with this blog, I'm finding it very difficult to do though.  I want to post daily, I want to post pictures, I want to inspire others to take charge of their health.   My days are full of food preparation, loving my children, exercise, grocery store expeditions and the occasional playdate.  It may not sound like much, but believe me, it keeps me busy.   At the end of the day, I find that reading a book does more to help me fall asleep then sitting at a computer.  Maybe I should try the computer in the morning and see where that takes me. 

No comments: